I’m back (again)! We are back home from our Summerland and Vancouver Island holidays. We arrived home on Wednesday and I couldn’t help but celebrate being home after a long time away by making a batch of the EASIEST “healthy” cookies you will ever make. 😉
They are super moist and taste DELICIOUS. I adapted it from this recipe but substituted honey for the coconut sugar because I wanted the recipe to be naturally sweetened. I also just decided to skip the other steps and throw everything in together because I am an efficiency expert (aka lazy, haha). It is also lactose-free, gluten-free as well as husband approved and toddler tested!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blender Cookies
1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas, or 1 (15 oz.) can, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour (I made this myself by pulsing oats in my blender for a couple of seconds)
1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon raw apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips or lactose free chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. If you are making oat flour, throw the oats in your blender now and pulse away.
3. Throw everything else, except chocolate chips, in. Blend until smooth.
4. Mix in chocolate chips.
5. Drop onto prepared baking sheets by the tablespoon full.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Allow to cool before serving (or not).
2 cookies is considered a treat yellow container if you’re doing the 21 Day Fix.